Historical Films of Swarthmore College

TRICERATOPS

TriCollege Digital Repository

Historical Films of Swarthmore College

 

The motion picture camera was invented at the end of the 1880s. While George A. Hoadley, Professor of Physics from 1888 to 1914, organized a Camera Club at Swarthmore College before 1898, the earliest surviving 16 mm film in Swarthmore's collection dates from 1925. A transition to recording College events on videocassette began in 1975.

Digitized films of Swarthmore College may be accessed directly from this home page in Triceratops or can also be searched in Tripod by entering the subject, “Swarthmore College,” then limiting by format, “VHS;” the summary records contain links to the films. The Library term "VHS" also includes the digitized 16mm films.

Recent Submissions